Terms and Conditions
- By completing the online form or submitting the Golf Getaway Tournament Registration via email or post you acknowledge that you have read, understood, agree and accept the Terms and Conditions of Entry to the 2015 Golf Getaway “AXE” Tournament.
- The 2015 Golf Getaway “AXE” Tournament (“Tournament”) will be under the supervision, control and management of the Golf Getaway Team, whose decision on all matters relating to the Tournament will be final.
- The Tournament will be a 54 hole single stableford event. ‘A’ grade golfers will also be eligible to compete for a 54 hole ‘gross’ event. Competition rounds will be conducted on Thursday April 30, Friday May 1 and Saturday May 2, 2015.
- Golfers start times will be made available at the Welcome Cocktail Party / Tournament Registration. If there are more than 120 participants entered in the Tournament then a Morning and an Afternoon field will play. If there are only enough entries for one field then that field will start in the Morning each day.
- Players will be separated into their Grade and Gender where possible and because of this we cannot guarantee that you will be playing with your friends.
- Players must have an official handicap (endorsed by your national golf association). For golfers who have provided a GOLFLink Number, tournament organizers will download your ‘handicap index’ on April 6th, 2015 and this will be confirmed at Tournament Registration on April 29, 2015. Players who have not provided access to their handicap, must provide confirmation of their handicap index to the tournament committee no later than April 5th, 2015. This official handicap advice must be dated after April 1, 2015 and signed by an authorized club official. Players who fail to provide handicap verification will be permitted to play, but will be ineligible for golf prizes.
Note: Where possible, the Golf Getaway Team will review the 6 month playing history of all players. The Golf Getaway Team reserves the right to amend player handicaps prior to and during the tournament.
- The slope handicap system’ will be utilized to calculate player handicaps for the Championship rounds. Under the slope system, the difficulty of the golf course and the tee blocks played from determine a player’s handicap prior to the start of each round.
- The Golf Getaway Team may adjust player handicaps (decreases only) following each round of the tournament. Taking into consideration:
– Scores for each round in relation to the calculated course rating.
– Consistent high scoring
– On course review of playing ability
- The Golf Getaway Teams’ decisions on handicaps are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Note: All handicap adjustments are for the Tournament only. Your Tournament rounds WILL NOT be entered into GOLFLink or your National Association body for handicapping after the event.
- Trophies for the 54 hole event will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placegetters in each Grade / Gender. Winners are determined by the highest aggregate of Stableford points over the three rounds. A trophy will also be awarded to the winner of the 54 hole single stroke ‘gross’ event in “A” Grade. Players can only win one main trophy but are eligible to win daily competition trophies.
- All prizes will be distributed in accordance with the rules of amateur golf status.
- All events will be conducted in accordance with the rules of golf and such local rules as approved by the Golf Getaway Team.
- In the unlikely event that weather conditions prevent all players from finishing their round, that competition round will be cancelled and the Tournament reduced accordingly. If the day(s) players are scheduled to play is closed or players complete less than 12 holes, golfers in that draw will receive a voucher for a round of golf including cart (voucher valid for 12 months)
Option 1) Payment in full before Friday January 9th 2015 goes in the draw to win a 3 night Fiji Island Resort Holiday for two at Castaway plus return Seaplane / Helicopter Flights with Pacific Island Air valued at over $3500
Option 2) 50% Deposit due before 5pm Friday January 30th, 2015 and remaining 50% payment required by 5pm Friday February 27th, 2015. Once a booking is made, deposit is due within 5 days to secure your package
a) All Payments must be finalised by 5pm Friday February 27th, 2015
b) All Packages are in Australian Dollars
c) Guest’s Incidental Hotel Accounts – Any incidentals such as laundry, room service, mini bar etc not part of your accommodation package will be at your own expense and must be settled upon check out.
15. Golf University Chipping Mastery Members Discount: All Golf University Chipping Mastery Program Members Members will receive a $200 discount when they book their Tournament and Accommodation Packages through Golf Getaway Only (eg Discount DOES NOT apply if bookings made through any third party). Golf Getaway Chipping Mastery Program Membership available at www.golfuniversity.tv/golfuniversitychippingmasteryprogram
16. Cancellation Policy
- A non refundable deposit of $500.00 per person is applicable upon registration of booking.
- Cancellations made before February 27th 2015 will incur a 60% of total payment charge.
- Cancellations made between February 28th 2015 will incur a 75% of total payment charge.
- Cancellations made from March 27th – April 27th will incur a 100% total payment charge.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory for participation in the AXE tournament
- All refund applications must be received in writing.
17) Loss or Damage
– Golf Getaway and it’s partner’s (including The Intercontinental Fiji, Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course and Cloud 9 will endeavor to take all possible care but accepts no responsibility for damage, loss or theft of equipment, merchandise or other property brought onto or left on the premises prior to, during and/or after the Event.
– Golf Getaway and it’s partner’s recommend that guests carry their personable valuables at all times and suggests that you arrange an independent insurance policy to cover such damages and/or losses.
You are responsible for:
– Any damage sustained, or loss incurred, to Golf Getaway and it’s partner’s property, carpet, fixtures or fittings, whether through your own action or the action of your guests prior to, during and after the Event.
– Any additional cleaning requirements which the Golf Getaway and it’s partner’s consider to be in excess of general cleaning; and
– Claims for loss, injury, death or damage of any kind arising from or in relation to your participation in the Event, except to the extent that such loss, injury, death or damage is caused or contributed to by the Golf Getaway and it’s partner’s, its employees, agents or any third party over which you have no control. This clause shall not extend to include consequential loss or damage.
a) Travel Insurance for participation in the Golf Getaway Axe tournament is mandatory.
The costs of flights to and from Fiji are the responsibility of the participant(s) and are in addition to all Golf Getaway Packages.
19) Check-in / Check-out / Pre–registration
The Resort’s standard check-in time is from 1400 hours. They will make every effort to accommodate arrivals prior to this time, depending on the hotel’s occupancy.
The Resort’s standard check-out time is at 1100 hours. Should you wish to check out after the normal check out time a charge will apply. This is will be half the room rate quoted till 1500 hours and the full room rate after this time.
20) Golf Getaway and / or Tourism Fiji may arrange media promotion and publicity before, during and after the Tournament. Participants agree to all and any pictures or video footage being used (at no cost) by Golf Getaway and Tourism Fiji for whatever purposes they determine.
21) To drive a motorized cart, participants agree to possess a current driver’s license and have previous experience driving a golf cart equal to a minimum of four rounds. In the event of an accident, the driver is responsible for the costs to repair the cart and any property damaged as well as being liable for any personal injury claims.
22) The Golf Getaway Team may at any time and their own discretion amend or add any condition of the Tournament.
23) By signing the Terms and Conditions on the bottom of the Golf Getaway “AXE” Tournament Registration Form or registering online, participants agree to participate in the Golf Getaway “AXE” Tournament at their own risk. The Golf Getaway Team, Golf Getaway, Tourism Fiji, InterContinental Golf Resort and Spa, Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course, Cloud 9, Sponsors and other suppliers of goods and services accept no liability for any death, injury, property loss or damage incurred during or arising out of any aspect of the conduct of the Tournament or additional Activities, Events and Functions.